Friday, July 18, 2008

Temporary Residence #2 – St. Petersburg, Russia

A homestay was arranged for me by the language school for me while I am here in St. Petersburg. The flat has two bedrooms, kitchen, toilet, and shower.

Kitchen

The homestay package includes breakfast and dinner every day, which has been a great opportunity to eat some home cooked Russian meals.


My Bedroom

The TV is key as I can watch the tour live on Eurosport with Russian commentary. I understand way less than 25% of it, but I’ve convinced myself that it is good practice.

Toilet and Shower

Having separate rooms for the toilet and shower/sink is pretty standard in Russia.

Second Bedroom

The door is all I’ve ever seen of the mysterious second room. I often hear a television on the other side of the wall, so I assume that there is one over there. Other than that, I’ve got no clue. Given that the styling of the bathroom and coffee mugs has strong Egyptian influences, maybe she has a full scale sarcophagus in there. (This aside may have been somewhat influenced by a visit to the Hermitage’s Egyptian arts exhibit.)

1 comment:

Josh Dalley said...

glad to see you cleaned your room before the pictures. you parents would be proud. ;)