Thursday, July 24, 2008

Metro Stations

For a while I have had plans to document the different metro stations that I have been visiting on a regular basis, as each of them is unique and the diversity is makes it something worth trying to share.

At the one of the stations I pulled out my camera at, a uniformed man walked toward me not looking too happy. He had me to pull out my camera back out so he could watch me delete the photos that I had just taken. Even though it was a true militsiya, more a traffic cop type, the experience of getting yelled at in a foreign language by someone in a uniform was somewhat unpleasant.

Apparently you can’t take pictures in the metro stations; and upon a much closer inspection, there are very small no camera pictures near the entrance of the stations. I wouldn’t have seen the sign unless I was looking for it. As with everything else, the Wiki on the metro is pretty good and has a few photos: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Petersburg_Metro

I did manage to take a few photos though:


No comments: